2020 Election/First Debate
Should the president appoint a new supreme court justice during an election
- Trump (1.20 response uninterrupted)
- Yes, the constitution does not restrict the president from appointing supreme court justices at any time during his presidency.
- Biden (2.05 response uninterrupted)
- No, we should wait until the election is over to have a supreme court justice that matches the people's will (based on elected president)
Obviously the winner here, it is black and white in our constitution, the democrats would absolutely do the same thing.
Trump should have challenged the Democrats, calling their bluff, to pass an amendment to the constitution within a very short time period (2 weeks) restricting all future presidencies, for at least 100 years, from appointing any openings during an election. They would have never done it.
Trump has not repealed and replaced obamacare with a comprehensive plan
- Trump (0.50 response Interrupted by Biden. halted by moderator)
- Yes, he removed the mandate requiring everyone to have it and signed an executive order to protect people with pre-existing conditions. Cutting drug prices, dropping them 80-90%.
Biden would like to add a public option to obamacare that will end private insurance
- Biden (0.38 response interrupted by Trump)
- It will not, its only for those that qualify for Medicaid and they will automatically be enrolled in the public option. the vast majority of people would not qualify for it.
NOTE: Biden blames Trump for the recession caused by COVID19
Ending the filibuster
- whatever position he takes will be his position tells people to vote. Refuses to answer the question.
NOTE: Biden snarky remarks to Trump:
- Will you shut up man
- this is so unpresidential
- that was really a productive segment wasnt it
- keep yapping man
Why should the american public trust you to deal with the COVID19 crisis
- Biden (1
- 58 response uninterrupted)
- 200k dead, 7M infected in the US. The US has 4% of the world population, but 20% of the dead. 40k a day are getting COVID, claims trump said "it is what it is" and that he has no plan and did nothing. Claims trump panicked and did not tell people the truth, did not try to get people on the ground in China to help fight the epidemic. We should be providing the money the house passed, open schools, fund what needs to be done to save lives.
- Trump (1
- 40 response Interrupted by Biden)
- If we had listened to Biden, more would have died. This was Chinas fault. China, Russia, India are not giving solid number of dead/infected. Trump closed the border and was accused by Biden of being xenophobic. weeks away from a vaccine.
- Biden (22
- 03 response Interrupted by Trump)
- Flatly says he knows how to get the job done