From r00tedvw.com wiki
- Desktop PC in a 4U Rackmount case
- Athlon 64 3200+
- 2GB DDR2
- 80GB (hdd) - very limiting
- 4ch PCI DVR card (1 ramdac)
- 4ch PCI DVR card (4 ramdac)
- I prefer the 1 ramdac per camera, easier to setup.
- Very Important, make sure that the chipset of the card is supported and/or there are config suggestions!!! check out the Zoneminder forums/wiki. I had no idea what chipset the 4 ramdac card was and had to remove a heatsink to figure it out, but thankfully i found the config settings online.
- goto ZM Options > System
- OPT_USE_AUTH > Check
- this will log you out. Log back in with the default user/pass: admin:admin
- goto ZM Options > Users (this tab will not be available until you enable authentication)
- reset the default admin password, would recommend also to change the username
- create a new account to manage everything as using the default is not recommended. Keep the default admin/root account for emergencies or lockouts.